Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Idol top 12 guys, part 2

OK, time to finish up last night's Idol while tonight's Idol records... then of course watch my other favorite show, Lost!

I did get to watch some of the ladies' show tonight, and a bunch of them really blew me away! But I'll re-watch the show tomorrow and write more then. On to the rest of the guys...

Blake Lewis - Wow, the beat boxer can actually sing! He's got a good voice, although a bit pitchy in spots. But the whole beat-boxing thing means that people will actually remember him, so I think he'll probably stick around for a while. Actually, I think he was probably the best so far... although that's not saying much after the first six. Hey, Simon just said the same thing! I hate when he steals my lines.

Sanjaya Malakar - I've heard bad things about his performance, which is too bad because I liked him from his audition. So let's see what he's got. Hm... very meek, very boring, and a bit pitchy in spots. LOL.... "I don't want to bore you," he sings... but he sure is! And once again, Simon's repeating me. :)

Chris Sligh - I loved this guy from auditions -- his voice, his personality, and his hair! Of course I always get chills any time I hear Kiss From A Rose. I don't know this song, but I like the performance, and he's very unique. I actually like him quite a bit, even if he did rush the tempo a bit.

Jared Cotter - Just another good but ordinary performance. He's certainly not the worst, but I just didn't really see anything special.

AJ Tabaldo- This is actually a good, energetic, and on-pitch performance, but I'm still not blown away.

Phil Stacey - I really liked him from the audition rounds -- he reminds me a little bit of Chris Daughtry, and he might be the the closest thing to a rocker we have this year. Of course you sure wouldn't know it from this song choice! Still a good solid performance. We'll see him in the top 6.

So who's going home from the guys? Well, Sundance should be one of them, but I hear that VoteForTheWorst.com is putting their support behind him, so it'll probably be Pedro and Sanjaya.

No comments: