Monday, January 02, 2006

Music Monday

Normally my Music Monday post will be made a bit earlier, but with this being a holiday, I almost forgot I was going to start today!

Today there is really only one piece of music that matters to me -- HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! With yesterday's win over the Eagles, the Redskins earned themselves a spot in the playoffs. Unfortunately since they got the last playoff spot, that means no home playoff games. :( I'm hoping someone is able to organize an informal band trip to one of the playoff games (if there's more than one, that is). They won't send the band to a playoff game (as far as I know), but we MIGHT get to go if the Redskins make the super bowl. The Skins need to win three road playoff games in order to make it to the Super Bowl. I guess we'll wait and see.

Here are the lyrics to the Washington Redskins fight song:

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the warpath,
Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score
We want a lot more!
Beat 'em Swamp 'em Touchdown
Let the points soar!

Fight on, Fight on,
Til you have won,
Sons of Wash-ing-ton!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

You can also listen to the song here.

Of course now it's time to start singing Fight On State and Hail To The Lion in preparation for tomorrow's Orange Bowl game between Penn State and Florida State!

2 comments:

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

It's a good thing you added "Fight on State" at the end there -- I was about to yell blasphemy for your use of Hail to the Redskins instead of Hail to the Lion (ok...so that's not the title of the song...but it is the first line!) by the way, I changed the title of my blog. --Jamie GO STATE!!!!

Marc said...

Geez, I was in Blue Band for two years and Glee Club for another two, yet I forgot that "Hail to the Lions" isn't the title of the song! Apparently the actual title is The Nittany Lion! Doh!