Tuesday, March 28, 2006

LinkedIn

Here's a cool site for you to check out called LinkedIn. You might remember the friend-of-a-friend sites from many years ago such as PlanetAll or Six Degrees? Well this is along the same lines, except more geared towards business networking.

WARNING: the site seems a little buggy to me. I had a lot of trouble searching for former co-workers, and the company keyword search would return employee listings with their title and company but no names. But it's still a fun way to put together a collection of friends and colleagues by email addresses and then see how many people you are connected to through 2 or 3 degrees of separation.

If you join and would like to be linked to me, you can invite me at my gmail address and then I'll add you from my primary email address. (Eventually I'm gonna have to drop this anonymity charade.)

No comments: