Thursday, November 15, 2007

My new car

If you've been on my blog before, you may have noticed a link to Indypacecars.com, a website about the Indy 500 pace car program. I've run this site since 1999, yet I have never owned a pace car replica myself -- until now.

No, it's not the 2007 Corvette pace car or one of the great Camaro or Olds pace cars from the 60's and 70's -- maybe some day. For now I'll settle for the 1984 Fiero pace car that was delivered last night.

Yes, believe it or not, the Fiero was indeed an Indy 500 pace car. The replica is one of 2000 made, of which probably only a few hundred still survive. And even at 115k miles, it is one of the cleanest Fieros I have seen for the price, certainly far above average for the miles.

It may not be my dream car (my personal favorite is the '95 Corvette), but I figure the Fiero is a good place to start. It was in my price range, it's cheap to insure, and it's still a head-turner and will give me the opportunity to go out and show it off from time to time.

No comments: