Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New job!!

I'm very excited today... next week I will be starting a new job as a web producer for the National Wildlife Federation! I know it will be a big change going from a tech company to a non-profit, but I'm thrilled to have the chance to get back to my creative side.

I'm probably crazy to even take the position since it pays the same, it's almost twice as far from my house (7 miles instead of 4 miles), and it's only scheduled to be a three month contract, but my current position is just so incredibly boring that I really needed to make a change. Also, they did say a few times in my interview that the position might go longer or they might like to bring the person on full-time. And if not, the job market seems to be pretty good right now and I don't think I'll have any trouble finding something new in three months if I have to. Or if we are able to manage our finances right, I might be able to become a stay-at-home dad in three months! Although I gotta admit, working at NWF really does sound like it will be fun. It's also the most fun I've ever had in an interview, which I'm sure helped me to get the offer.

2 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Yay!

And so glad you're getting away from Train Wreck Project.

Marc said...

Yeah Liz, not to mention Crass Manager 1 and Crass Manager 2.