Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Idol San Diego auditions

I wasn't even going to bother blogging about these first Idol audition shows because they normally show so many awful singers, but one singer tonight really grabbed my attention -- Samantha Musa. I thought she was amazing. I did not expect that voice to come out of her at all! And she's cute to boot. My only concern is that she may be TOO good at this point, or maybe not unique enough. The ones who impress us from the beginning tend to get ordinary and we expect perfection every week, then they either have a minor slip-up or the fans get complacent and they end up voted out. But she is certainly one to watch this season!

The other guy who impressed me was David Archuleta. He's got a great voice for only 16, nevermind the fact that he overcame partial vocal paralysis! He's got three things working in his favor already: a good voice, the age factor ("fantastic for your age" is a comment the judges love to throw out), plus the sob story. He could do well if he makes it through Hollywood.

I only wish we got to see more than 5 or 6 people who actually get to go on each week!

No comments: