Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Little Miss's Mess

Boy, it's been a while, hasn't it? Sucks when you have to go on vacation just to find time to blog! (And sad that I actually took time to blog from Hawaii, but that's another story!)

Anyway, I just had to share this morning's conversation with Little Miss. Lauren's 2 1/2 now (actually, 2 years and 7 months today) and although she's been in a toddler bed for some time now, we just recently moved her out of the nursery and into her new bedroom, where we leave the door open overnight.

This morning when Lauren came into our room, the conversation went something like this:

LM: Daddy, my shirt all wet!
Me: Hmmm. Are your pants all wet too? (Expecting a leaky diaper) Yeah, they are... and sticky too! (pause) Lauren, what did you do?
LM: I brush my teeth all by myself!
Me: Ahhh. And you wiped toothpaste all over your pants?
LM: Yeah!

So I went to investigate the state of the bathroom... and it actually wasn't bad, although I did find a sticky footprint in the hallway.

Then I noticed that Lauren had Dora bandaids on three of her fingers. So I looked in the bandaid box, still sitting exactly where it always sits on the bathroom counter -- and found that Lauren had opened every. single. bandaid. And then stuffed the empty wrappers (and half the bandaids) back in the box (plus a few in the trash can). What could I do but laugh?

1 comment:

Liz Miller said...

That's two-and-a-half, alright!

Independent, adorable, and terrifyingly efficient at getting into trouble when you turn your back on them for a minute!